Friday, February 5, 2010

Dinner in the Sky!

Worst. Commitment. Ever. Not only did I pick a terrible time to start a blog (finals week... ouch), but I barely touched my computer over winter break. I've been back at school for 3 weeks now, and I've worked almost 70 hours since. So maybe you can forgive my utter lack of attention to this blog. I will attempt to post at least if not more than once a week. They definitely will not all be recipes, since I don't exactly have a wonderful kitchen setup in this dorm, but hopefully they will still be interesting. How's this for cool?

http://dinnerinthesky.com/







Moriensart, Belgium

You can rent these contraptions for up to 8 hours, dangling 50 meters in the air while eating and watching the food prepared in front of you. The food looks great, and I imagine the views are spectacular. What a way to watch fireworks! Probably not the best option for those scared of heights, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Imagine the possibilities... as long as there is a place to secure the crane, it can become a dinner location! (With the owner's permission in the case of a historical site, etc). You can also have a smaller, second platform for an extra cost, where you might have a piano playing or a display. Neat. Check it out at the link! Would you do it?

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment