Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy... I love you day!

I'm a little late for a Valentine's Day post (not because I was out having fun on Valentine's day, trust me. However, I am a fan of doing things for the people you love spontaneously and for no reason at all. It doesn't need to be Valentine's Day to bring home flowers, or cook a special meal, or go see a movie or write each other love letters. So in that spirit, how about cooking a meal with (or for) your sweetheart? It is well known that certain foods are aphrodisiacs and therefore a good choice for cooking a romantic meal. Here is a simple (after all, part of the fun is spending time with your significant other, so prep/cleanup time in the kitchen wouldn't be much fun!) meal perfect for a quiet night in together. And in this economy, who needs expensive dinners out?

1st Course: Arugula salad- arugula. avocado. dried cranberries. lump crab. ginger dressing.

2nd Course: French bread crostini- french bread. goat cheese. proscuitto. sliced fig.

3rd Course: Salmon- salmon. mango chutney.

4th Course: Steamed Asparagus- asparagus. butter. sea salt. cracked pepper.

5th Course: Banana Foster- Banana. rum. brown sugar. butter.

And of course, coffee to top it all off (or, my boyfriend and my favorite, green tea)

Enjoy!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment